With Barbara Walters finally dipping into her social security check money via retirement, there will be a spot opening up on everyone mother’s favorite talk show that can’t be filled by Sherri Shepherd’s shoulders in 2014.
Here are five reasons why the ever so lovely and devine Norwood Young should sit his Armani ass down in Bab’s chair.
1. His incredible fashion sense. Just like people tune into Wendell Williams faithfully for his lace front wig of the day, I would make it a priority to set my DVR. Norwood discussing current events wearing python skin, pinks, polka dots and plaids? I’ll take two servings, please.
2. Regularly scheduled appearances from frenemy Karrine “Superhead” Steffans. Remember when these two were the best of friends? Even if they haven’t made up, the live updates via Superhead’s Twitter account would be enough to boost show ratings and score her another book deal. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.
3. The tea he would drop. Norwood knows more about people in the industry than TMZ and Wikipedia combined. Listening to his True Hollywood Stories before heading out to work would be enough to push the kids through the day, thus improving their performance on the plantation.
4. Free televised performances of his new music. Star Jones used her platform on the show to snag free shit for her much publicized “dream wedding” to Al Reynolds in 2004. I am ten toes down for Norwood promoting his latest mixtape by singing “Love Come Down 2014″ into commercial break.
5. The sickening hairstyles. If you think Sherri Shepherd’s endless supply of three wigs was enough to to impress the kids, wait until you get into the hair spectacular that is Ms. Young. Curls, fade, box tops, finger waves, and everything else your mind can imagine.
Norwood Young Attends ‘R&B Divas LA’ Premiere Event