DMX Being Sued Over Interview Comments
DMX’s comments in a recent interview with Sister 2 Sister magazine are coming back to bite him in the ass.
The mother of rapper DMX’s love child is suing the hip-hop wild man for $2 million, saying he defamed her by claiming she sexually assaulted him as he slept during their 2003 hotel one-nighter. In Sister 2 Sister magazine, DMX says Monique Wayne, who successfully sued him to establish paternity and win child support, “raped me . . . I would have been kind of heated about that [if I'd woken]. Like, yo . . . Get the [bleep] outta here.” But Wayne says DMX knows their sex romp was consensual and she’s suffered “severe emotional distress” as a result of his lies. DMX’s rep had no comment. (source)
X is having a pretty shitty week. After running into the boys in blues on Monday, he is nowfacing a misdemeanor traffic charge .I’m sure he had plenty to say about the police during his time on stage at the live recording of ‘Def Poetry VI.’
Jill, don’t stand too close to Mos Def. He may try to wife you next.
Michael Kyser & Tocarra; Jill Scott, Mos Def, & DMX; Mos Def & Russell Simmons
Playing Catch-Up: The Roots And Special Guests at Radio City Music Hall
Erykah Badu; Mos Def & Dave Chappelle; Beyonce’s Purse Watcher ; ?Questlove
What The Hell Is A Thugaboo?
Call it Charlie Brown with a twist.
Brothers Keenen Ivory, Shawn and Marlon Wayans, of Scary Movie and In Living Color fame, have created a series of animated children’s shows, with books and toys to follow. Its name: Thugaboo. The series of three specials will premiere on Nickelodeon, then air on the network’s all-animation channel, Nicktoons, a network spokeswoman said Wednesday.
Inspired by the Wayans brothers’ favourite childhood cartoons, Thugaboo follows the misadventures of nine kids growing up in the inner city. “It’s like hard meets soft,” Shawn Wayans said. “The thug is how they dress, kind of street, but they’re good kids and they make the right decisions.” Three specials are planned – an hourlong show and two half-hour programs – centred on important times in children’s lives. (continue)
*Extends arms to the sky* When I first heard the concept of the show, the African booty scratcher scene from “Boyz N Da Hood” immediately popped into my mind. Hell, the kids on Thugaboo might even find a dead body also. But at least they are smart enough to report it to the proper authorities. Television execs if you are reading this you guys should really make a cartoon about Jeezy Da Snowman. You could have an angry, bandanna-clad snowman chasing after rival drug dealers in back alleys. The NAACP would mos def hand out an Image Award for it. [/sarcasm]
Mos Def At The Premiere Of “16 Blocks”
Kimora Lee Simmons Signs Her Book “Fabulosity”
Beyonce Jr. Rihanna Performs At Jamm X Kid’s All-Star Dance Special
- I can’t wait to see Mr. Bankhead Ambassador getting his trap/skate on in “ATL”. The stills from the movie looks like they were shot in my neighborhood, I can appreciate it. I’ll guess we will have to find out a few months down the road if ol Clifford can really act. In the meanwhile, the making of his video “What You Know” airs tonight on BET at 7:30 pm et/pt. Wild as the Taliban, ya’ll.
- Tyra Banks was on the set of “The Price Is Right” last Friday along with Bob Barker’s old, decrepit nasty ass. If you familiar with the history of all the sexual harassment law suits this man has had in the past you know exactly why I called him that. Be sure to check out a future “Tyra” show for that footage.
- There is a rumor running around that Taraji Henderson is pregnant with Common’s child. Of course there are no confirm reports but I highly doubt it.
- I’ve accidentally left my curling iron plugged up while I was at work, forgot to feed the fish, an’ shit like that. Those are accidents. Shooting somebody in the face? Intentional.
- MC Hammer has a new video folks. And its deciated to the girls with “the ebony eyes and thunder thighs.” Is that Sisqo in the beginning?! Thanks Essy for showing me this a few days ago.