People around the net has been going straight bananas overthis picture. Let it be known that this is not Young City. He sorta looks more like a slim Mike Jones a little. I’m pretty sure Dally Pen Pen can tell me who this is. Heh.
Thea vs. R.Kelly
The “Godmother of Comedy” Thea Vidale is outraged that prosecutors in Polk County, Fla. have dropped their charges against R. Kelly. The singer had faced 12 counts of child pornography in Florida, but the prosecutors dismissed the case after opting not to appeal a judge’s decision to suppress evidence in the singer’s child pornography case.
Vidale, who is a life coach on the Si TV reality series ‘Urban Jungle 2,’ said other African Americans should feel the same indignation she does about the latest development in the Kelly case. “Black people have to stop supporting black men who commit crimes! I just don’t get it. It’s an abomination,” she raged. “That’s why Lil’ Kim is in jail right now. She was lying because she thought she was looking out for some ignorant black Negro who broke the law.”
Kelly still faces 14 counts of child pornography in Chicago, where he’s not scheduled to return to court until April 2, 2006. The full-figured funny-woman hopes that justice will finally be served in The Windy City. “I hope he gets his due. I really hope he goes to jail, and some grown man urinates on him in a prison cell. That’ll teach him to stop peeing on underage girls,” Vidale said heatedly. (
Godmother of Comedy huh? I’m going to start calling myself the The Second-Cousin-Twice-Remove-Because-Leroy-Was-Still-Married-To-That-White-Girl of Online Gossip. I’m keeping my peace on that one since I know ya’ll are going to have a lot to say.
Fresh’s Two Cent On The NBA Dress Code
So the boyfriend and I were talking a couple of days ago about the NBA’s new dress code. He’s an ultra conservative (how we end up together perplexes me everyday) while I’m . . . well, crunk. So there are a plethora of subjects we disagree on. Here was one of the main points I tried to make to him.
Who’s more likely to be convicted of reckless manslaughter, Exhibit A or B?
Shouts out to Derek and Diona (the best teacher around) for the nice emails. Happy 25th Berfday Monica !
Def Jam and other rap labels are reportedly refusing to authorize the use of their artists’ music on MTV Networks’ LOGO, a channel that targets the gay community.
Noah’s Arc, a comedy-drama starring an all black cast is among the new series set to debut on the network. Though the series, directed by Patrick-Ian Polk, features plenty of popular music, sources say labels have refused to allow their music to be used because they don’t want to be associated with gay programming.
Apparently, Polk tried to clear Kanye West’s music and “got flat out rejected by the label,” the director said in a statement. “I’m a fair person, I get that and a lot of times these requests and things don’t make it to the artists. But he needs to check his people because that’s not cool. The black gay community, and even the white gay community, are big Hip-Hop fans, so they’re missing out on a big market by being short-sighted.”
The news comes several months after West commented on homophobia in the music industry during an interview on MTV’s “All Eyes On Kanye West” earlier this summer.
America’s #1 Trap Star’s Child Support Drama
Young Jeezy is facing courtroom drama as he is petitioned back to court for child support. Jeezy, born Jay Jenkins, is currently under a review as the mother of his child, Nicole Dykes, is stating that since the original child support motion in 2001 his income has changed drastically. The original motion, which established the paternity of the child, set the child support for Jenkins to pay at $178 a month. Since that motion, Jeezy has become a household name in Hip-Hop thanks, in part, to his multi-platinum Def Jam debut, Let’s Get It: Thug Motivation 101. Dykes is asking for more than $20,000 in expenses, including clothing, transportation and housing to care for the child. At their last court appearance, held on October 6th, the judge declared that an adjustment would be made and that both sides will be responsible for their own court and lawyer fees. Dykes and her lawyer are appealing that decision, stating that negotiations were urged to Jezzy to avoid a court procedure but that was not accepted. Both parties are scheduled to return to court on October 26th. (source)
- I received a nice email from Jawn Murraythis morning. The internet is one hell of a place. Go show him some love and tell him Fresh sent ya.
- I’m not going to front, Ultimate Hustler had me on the edge of my sofa last night! I wasn’t surprised that Seven and Alphonso got the boot however. I was more shocked at the behavior and antics of M.O.P. They really showed their ass! It was like an episode of “My Super Sweet Sixteen” but only with two grown men and a butch looking woman. And I’m not going to start on Seven’s rant after she was booted. Was all of that shit really necessary? I think not. Do the good whiteys on “The Apprentice” wild out after they get axed? Nope, they just leave and shut up. Holla back and tell me your thoughts on last night’s show. You can check Seven and Shock G out on “106 and Park” tonight and chat with them at 7:45 p.m. on BET.com – - which is sporting a new design. It’s about time!
- I also was able to catch BET’s 25 Shades of Fine. I’m not a guy so I don’t have any thoughts on the list except this: Pam Grier is my number one. I’m sorry. Ciara can’t fuck with the OG Foxy Brown on a bad week. Its nothing anyone can say to make me think differently. Here’s the list for any of you who may have missed it:
Fantasia Receives Backlash For Comments Made In Her Book
A couple wants signs promoting Fantasia Barrino removed because they think her new autobiography portrays the city negatively. In her book, “Life is Not a Fairy Tale,” Fantasia said she couldn’t read after attending local schools. She also described how her friends used to call High Point the “Land of the Dead.” The 21-year-old R&B singer won season three of the Fox television show “American Idol.” Kyle Sandler, 29, and Jennifer English, 26, have created a Web site to counter the book’s descriptions.
“I can see people driving in to (the furniture) market saying, ‘Ha ha ha. Fantasia hates them but look at the signs saying ‘Welcome to High Point, home of Fantasia Barrino,’” Sandler said. Council member Latimer Alexander said there are no plans to remove the signs, although he said they are not permanent. Mayor Becky Smothers says the city has bigger issues. “There’s a lot more serious things happening right now than Fantasia’s signs,” she said.
“Hello, My Name Is Kirk Franklin And I’m Addicted To Porn”
Kirk Franklin may be a minister of the gospel, but the happily married father of four recently overcame an addiction to pornography. Franklin is frank in his talk about his deliverance from pornography, an obsession he’d indulge in while he traveled city to city ministering the word of God and at home when his wife Tammy was asleep. Though the Texas-bred entertainer hid the evidence of his pastime well, it was while lying in bed with his wife in a Los Angeles hotel room that he decided to come clean about his struggle.
At that moment, Franklin knew he could conquer his demon.”Because sexuality is so spiritual, you have to go back to that source to recognize that it’s that connection to Christ that will give you victory over addictions. You learn what that is and when you’re willing to go through the process of understanding that truth. Not necessarily the acrobats of religion, but just the simplicity of the truth of the gospel and your new identity in Christ. When you become born again and you’re able to understand that and to apply that to practical living, then you are able and a candidate for victory,” explained Franklin, in his gruff preacher-like voice. Despite potential scrutiny from judgmental Christians about his taboo addiction, Franklin has opted to be outspoken about his issue regardless of pending backlash.
“I guess it’s just my makeup,” he declared. “That’s just something that I am. I’m just very vocal about stuff. My weaknesses are something that God just presses upon me to discuss, and I’m very comfortable talking about it.”Franklin said that his openness and desire to share are part of the reason he’s joined the world of blogging. “It’s another new and fresh way to really be connected. It will allow people who are blessed by your ministry to stay part of the process,” he offered. Franklin’s blog can be found at www.kirkfranklin.us.
- Remember kids (and Vivicia), good black don’t crack. And don’t forget to “preserve your sexy” twice a day.
- Although she is probably more well known for being Diddy’s first child’s mother, Misa Hilton Brim is also a fashion stylist who clientele have imcluded Mary J. Blige and Lil’ Kim. But how can she expect to pull any more celebs in looking like this? It appears she has been hanging with Mama Combs when she goes shopping for cheap weave.
- This award season is officially dirty. What other award show you know has a “Andre 3000 Trendsetter Award ?” Or my personal favorites “Crunkest of the Crunk” and “Best Gold Grill.” Thanks to Grayse for the tip.
Michael Jackson fell to the ground as he tried to make his way through a throng of hundreds of fans outside the Victoria Palace theater, where he watched the stage version of the movie “Billy Elliot.” Security staff forced a path for Jackson, 47, through the admirers and photographers standing outside the theater so he could reach the front door. But the singer fell in the commotion. At the performance, Jackson mingled with other spectators, chatting and signing autographs.”He talked to us saying hello and there were a lot of people around him,” said Roxanne Wisenberg, 47, of San Diego. “He was very nice and his children were with him.”Jackson was in London to work on recording a song to benefit Hurricane Katrina victims. He was staying at the Dorchester Hotel in Park Lane, where fans gathered outside in hopes of seeing him.The visit to Britain was believed to be his first since his acquittal in June of child molestation charges. He has spent much of his time in Bahrain.
Diddy Does Some Good
Last week, Diddy teamed up with Habitat For Humanity to construct “houses in a box” in New York’s Rockefeller Plaza, which has been renamed Humanity Plaza for the week. After being put together by volunteers, the frames of dwellings will then be shipped to the stricken Gulf Coast to be finished and donated to low-income families in the region. The project is a joint effort between Habitat for Humanity, Warner Music Group and US network NBC.
Lil’ Kim Talks About Beef With 50
Though the rappers paired up for the 2003 smash “Magic Stick,” the relationship between the two quickly disintegrated, and 50 Cent dissed Lil’ Kim in performances. In a recent interview with The Associated Press — before she entered federal detention center to serve a year-and-a-day sentence for perjury — Lil’ Kim made it clear there would be no duets in the future between the two.”I can’t front. I don’t have a lot of respect for 50 Cent because his music is hardcore … violent,” said Lil’ Kim. “And I love his music sometimes, but I feel like in his personal life, his real life, he carries that on, and that’s not a great message, you know what I mean? I think he promotes it.”When asked about the beef between the two, she said: “How can a man have beef with a woman? Whatever, that’s just not cool,” she said.”If I was selling six, seven million records, I’m not mad at anyone! How can you still be angry at people, still want to come at people? You’re making money, you’re selling millions of records, you should do something with that leverage,” she added.
- Damn why ya’ll ain’t tell me Kim got an early release? Not cool. Nah, this is “Cat Woman”, the lady who just can’t get enough of plastic surgery. She sorta reminds me of that movie Cher did in the 80′s.
- Lauryn Hillperforms at Current TV “Take Back TV” launch celebration at Central Park Rumsey Playfield. I *heart* Lauryn and all of her wigs.
- Did anybody else catch Superhead on Suze Orman’s show on CNBC last night? Karrine basically talked about her “rise” from rags to riches and how she has occured debt over time. It was pretty boring but 95 percent of her show is. I couldn’t stand to watch the entire segment because Suze kept saying that “whats the haps girlfriend” shit. Just talk to the ho woman, damn. Hated it!
- Solange looks tired from a day of shopping. It must be hard work spending all of your sister’s fortune. I sure would like to find out for myself. Can somebody give this girl a sammich?
- Lil Molooks a H.A.M. as usual while her daughter Godis’love (how could you forget a name like that) is adorable.
A recent magazine article stated that Ray J, music artist Brandy’s brother, used to be a member of a gang and showed how his parent’s were so distraught over that back in the day. But, is this a true account of what he was into or a manufactured image that is being projected to the music buying public to sell cds?
Most hip hop artist have built their public images on being from the streets. Now its seems Ray J wants to be a part of that. He also has put out feelers to try and get involved with other celebrities as friends to get more press. What do you think? Holla back.
- As promised here are some more pictures of G-Unit’s vacation trip. Yes they’re stilldesperatefor attention. 1 – 2 – 3
- Okay ladies follow me now. Why is it that some of us who know we have problem areas highlight them joints? No one wants to see the stretch marks across your titties Fantasia. Nothing screams teenage mother like a railroad track across your chest. Thanks. She looks touched by a special edangel sometimes. Its not right, but its okay.
- Jim Jones and his son Jomo recently had some time to hang outtogether. Why does Jim always look straight dusty every time I see him? Does the brother know the value of fresh braids and a shave?
- Why does Rachel Roy always look so fucking happy while Dame has the “bitch please” face in almost every photo I see of them together? He’s just not that into you.
- Comedian Mo’nique and fiance Sidney Hicks welcomed twin boys a little ahead of schedule (she was due in November). No word on the details including names, but in July, she said she planned to name them David and Jonathan.
- Anybody who was able to catch the BET’s Hot Mess Awards saw Paul Mooney put Diana Ross on straight blast by giving her the “Nigga Wake Up” award – - while Tracey Ellis Ross (daughter of Diana and star of Girlfriends) sat in the audience. That’s old news. What I’m trying to understand is how Mr. Mooney can be so anti-white at times and has a child by a white woman. Thats right, Mr. Mooney was in a common marriage relationship with a Becky so why is he complaining about them so much? Its okay if he likes white meat.
- Since being released from the label a few years ago, we haven’t heard a peep from Amil other than an occasional street DVD interview or mixtape freestyle. Well, Amillion is finally ready to come back. The rhyming female has been living in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, for the past year and a half with her man and two kids, and she believes she has stumbled across the next dope woman: a 19-year-old Caucasian named Lucy Diamonds. “When I heard her music, I knew it was definitely a project that was going to stand out,” Amil said from her home. “When I was introduced to Lucy, everything got me back on my game.” Amil is so rejuvenated that she has started to record her next album and has reformed Major Coins with Lucy. The two have put out a track called “The Glamorous Life.”
Is this NSFW week or something? Lil’ Kim may be locked up right now but a while back there were other parts of her body that was *ahem* free. On a side note let me be the first to say that I hate watermarking pictures but sometimes people leave me no choice.
The Five Heartbeats aka G-Unit went on a vacation to San Tropez and Monoca. Is it just more or do they not look famous at all? The crew looks like they are aching for the paparazzi to follow them around.
So what’s the verdict on the Ultimate Hustler? Its alright but its not real. Okay okay maybe I’m being a bit tough. I wasn’t able to devote 100 percent of my attention to the show (my boy from BK called me at exactly 9 p.m.to shoot the shit) but I was able to follow it while I chatted away. You can read a thorough recap of the show over at BET.com. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the show. I thought that I would be seeing some College Hill type shit when it came to camera angles and graphics but I was proved wrong. In the same breathe I wasn’t feeling all of the mini commercials during the show that would pop up on the screen (example: log on to BET.com to play the Ultimate Hustler Stock Exchange!) at awkward moments. The firing-catch phrase was better than Martha’s but not as gangsta as the Donald. “You’re going to be getting money, just not over here.”
All in all I would give the show a 6.5 out of 10 stars. Its not must see TV but its worth a watch. Tell me your thoughts on the show in the comments section. And remember gang that life is a dash. [/bullshit]
Enough sugary, cotton candy shit. Let’s talk about Seven! Ya’ll should already know that this shit is NSFW and might even give your computer’s hard drive VD.You saw it here first bitches.
In one of the more bizarre accounts of artist/fan interactions, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s Layzie Bone almost lost a finger on Saturday when an irate fan tried to bite it off during a scuffle. According to a source close to the group, Layzie, Krayzie and Wish Bone were in Palm Springs, California, to perform at a club and before they could even get to the venue, the show was canceled. Bone’s camp said police intervened, fearing gang violence, but a spokesperson for the police said that was not the case and that if the show was canceled it was because the promoter did not obtain the proper permits from the city. In any event, Bone Thugs visited another local club, Havana, and then headed back to their hotel, a Holiday Inn Express in Cathedral City, where the madness occurred. According to the Bone camp, Layzie and his wife were in one of the rooms with some friends and invited some fans up to mingle. There was an undisclosed amount of men and women in the room when one of the men attacked Layzie, apparently disgruntled because of the show’s cancellation. The distraught man was able to bite down on one of the rapper’s fingers and pierced the skin all the way to the bone. The man was then held by Layzie’s friends until police arrived. Police said the attacker was not arrested because Layzie Bone refused to press charges or even cooperate with authorities. Bone was rushed to a hospital, where doctors were able to save his appendage. The fleet-mouthed rapper’s finger was stitched up and Layzie is said to be resting in Hawaii with his wife. Despite suffering extreme pain, Layzie is expected to meet up with his group in two weeks to continue recording a new album.
Lil Kim Cut Down To Size In Prison
Lil’ Kim has been given a horrid haircut butchering her long locks, according to a prisoner who was released from the Philadelphia detention center just as the rapper was admitted to begin her 366-day sentence for perjury. “She looked like a wreck,” Shaki Muhammad, 40, who had just served three months, tells the New York Post. “She didn’t look anything like she did on the outside.” Muhammad also told the paper that prisoners besieged the 4’11″, 30-year-old Kim (real name: Kimberly Jones) with highly personal questions about her sex life and plastic surgery. (more)